These are super easy and make a dozen little mini apple pies so we gave all our grade school staff some :) to thank them in advance for all the hard work they will do.
Mini Apple Pie Recipe
Makes 14 Mini Apple Pies
1 Ready Made Pie Crust or pie crust from scratch
2 Granny Smith Apples, peeled and cut into about 8 slices each
1/2 c. sugar
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
2 Tablespoons of butter, melted
- Preheat Oven to 425 and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon, leaving aside about a 1 Tablespoon.
- Toss apple slices into mixture.
- Unroll pastry and brush with 1 Tablespoon of butter and sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Cut the pastry into strips, about 1 inch wide and 6 inches long.
- Wrap one strip around each apple slice, sugared side against the apple.
- Place mini pies on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Brush on the remaining butter and cinnamon and sugar left over.
- Bake at 425 for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown.
Supplies I used for Gifting:
Ribbon or twine
Brown Paper Bag Cutouts