10/9/15

Paleo Fried Sweet Potatoes


 My go-to Paleo side dish, these leave me FULL and SATISFIED when I eat them and they are SO GOOD! 

Ingredients: 
2 Tbs. Olive Oil
2 Tbs. Ghee (I get this one on Amazon and when I'm not doing Paleo I just use regular butter) 
3 Medium Sweet Potatoes 
1 Medium Onion 
1 Medium Tart Apple (I prefer Johnathan) 
About 1/2 Tbs. Garlic Powder (I usually just dust over the top of them while they are in the skillet.)
1/2 Tsp. Sea Salt (or more to taste)

Directions: 
Cut and quarter sweet potatoes and cut into 1/2 inch wedges. Turn wedges flat on their sides and cut in half again so they are in even strips. 

Cut onion and apple in 1/2 inch slices as well. Frying sweet potatoes can be tricky as you don't want them to be hard or too soggy.  

In a large skillet heat oil and ghee over medium high heat. I have a huge Cuisinart skillet at about 375-400. Make sure skillet is large enough that all sweet potatoes have enough room lay flat so as to fry up evenly if you can.

Place sweet potatoes and onions in heated skillet. Toss and stir. 

Sprinkle with garlic powder and sea salt. Continue to stir and flip so they cook evenly and don't burn.

After about 8 minutes add in apples. Fry for about 8 to 10 minutes more turning often until onions are translucent and sweet potatoes are tender when poked with a fork. 

Sometimes I'll even do a sprinkle of cinnamon for a twist and it's good too! 

May your bellies be full and your heart happy!


No comments: