10/25/15

Paleo Pumpkin Hot Cakes

With anything pumpkin, many are in the pumpkin camp or way out. But if you are, I recently made these for my siblings and kids over Fall break and we all loved them.


There are lots of paleo pancake recipes around and I've played around with a few and came up with this one that is by far my favorite!

They are are thick and I can feel full after eating them. I love them with the teeniest bit of ghee and pure maple syrup.  There's no food coma like after four pancakes, but your belly and body are full and happy afterwards!

Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes

Ingredients:
1 Banana mashed
1 Egg
1/4 Almond Meal
1/4 Coconut Flour
1/4 Tsp. baking powder
1/2 Tsp. Vanilla
1 Tsp. Cinnamon
2 Tbs. Canned Pumpkin
2 Tbs. Unsweetened Almond Milk or Coconut Milk
Coconut Oil or Coconut Oil Cooking Spray

Directions
Mix all Ingredients together.
Heat skillet or griddle medium-low heat and spray with cooking spray.
Batter will be somewhat thick. With a spoon, spread batter out for about 4 to 6 hotcakes.
Flip after about 4-5 minutes and brown on other side for about 4-5 minutes.

Serve with maple syrup, pecans, or fresh fruit.

***As with most paleo recipes I double or triple to save time. So when on the go in the mornings I reheat left over hotcakes in the toaster oven for breakfast and only have to "make" them once.

No comments: